Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Chicago - Day 1

Our vacation this year was spent in Chicago over fall break. I'm just now getting a chance to write about it.

Day 1 in Chicago:
Shedd Aquarium
Adler Planetarium
Buckingham Fountain
Greek Town
The Lego Store
One VERY tired family!

The thing that comes to mind when I think back to our first day is all the walking we did! Brian jokingly told me I had them on a forced march. Figuring out the public transportation system was a little fuzzy for me the first day too but we quickly caught on. That's one thing I quickly discovered about Chicago - you better know where you want to go and it's best to just ask the same person ONCE. Had we traveled to Chicago back when we lived in the Dallas area I probably would not have thought the people were abrupt. Howver, after living in KY for 6 years we've grown accustomed to the slower pace of life. It was fun though, but we were very tired at the end of the day! We couldn't have asked for better weather for our trip and we couldn't have asked for better behavior for the kids either. They were quite the little troopers. Of course it helped with Emma that she was in the stroller!

No comments: