Monday, October 4, 2010

Of Blogs and Time

Goodness, has it really been over two weeks since I blogged! That's pretty bad when you get emails from friends wondering if you've dropped off the face of the earth or not.

Random thoughts by me in no particular order. The last two weeks have consisted of:

  • Homework
  • Ballgames
  • Homework
  • Gymnastics
  • Dance
  • A birthday party where both girls were invited (such a treat for me - I didn't have to hear "that's not fair" a single time).
  • Ballgames
  • Homework
  • Gymnastics
  • Dance
  • A new remodeling project start (the basement)
  • Some progress made on an existing remodeling project. A dear friend brought an electrician over to finish up some things in our bathroom. This is the project that started in March 2009 and will end by ______. Not that I'm counting or anything. On a side note, even though that was the first one that kicked things off, even though it got put on hold - we did get lots of other things done - just haven't gotten that one completed.
  • A sick husband
  • The ushering in of cold weather and a mad dash of a shopping trip to buy jeans for Emma as she only had two pair that fit. I think she would wear shorts 12 months out of the year if we'd let her.
  • An attempt to sort pictures that turned my only organized room into a chaotic mess with pictures all over the floor and me without the heart or gumption to even step back in there.
  • A concussion for Emma. That was fun. Not. Scared the bejabbers out of me - she was talking NONSENSE and wasn't remembering much from a short term perspective. She's back to hand stands, cart wheels and constant pestering so she must be on the mend.
  • A husband who has the knack of making me laugh even when I'm in a really testy mood.
  • "Survivor Weekend" for the youth - beautiful day for it, the kids had a blast as did the grownups. The big kids let my little kids join in the fun. We are blessed to go to church with what's got to be the nicest people on the face of the planet. It really is amazing, and I oh how I enjoy watching people being so kind to my babies.
  • Busy, busy time at work - which is a blessing.
  • Two lunch outings with friends. Another blessing. I love my friends :-)
  • Lots of laughter at both lunches - I love laughing with my friends!
  • Allergy doctor visit for Ryan with a side trip to Starbucks afterwards to partake of a vanilla bean frappachino - quite the treat for us! And even more of a treat to surprise him.
  • Nursery duty this past Sunday - not sure what was going on but we only had one baby, he's a snuggler and I got to hold him the entire time. Not sure who enjoyed it more, me or him.
  • The opportunity to catch up with another friend during our nursery hour - she called it our 'therapy hour'. Another hour filled with fun and laughter.

So, I guess other than remodeling, a sick husband and a child with a concussion - I've gotten to laugh a lot these past two weeks. Laughter is good for the soul isn't it?

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Wow you have had a lot on your plate. Glad to hear Emma is ok, I bet that was scary. Can't wait to see you guys this Saturday.

Jet said...

Glad to hear Emma is on the mend!
Have you seen my blog about Jack?
http://jackadoptionfund.blogspot.com/
Greetings from Holland!

Jet

Unknown said...

I like to joke that we are 9 years into a 5-year remodeling project...and counting....

Glad to hear that Emma is doing better. Yikes!

By the way, LOVE the photo of Rebecca in the wheeled bucket being pushed by Emma. Great photos and a better memory!