Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Picture Issues

Back before I had three children, I loved to scrapbook. I would meet up with my girlfriends at least once a month and we would eat, visit and work on our scrapbooks. We have probably 4 or 5 family albums I have created and then Ryan has at least 4 of the 12 x 12 size scrapbooks that chronicle just about every event of his life. That is up until he turned 7 which just so happens to coincide with when Emma joined our happy family. Scrapbooking has never been the same. I tried but really just didn't have the time. However, I did make her a really nice life book and have one scrapbook started for her. Long gone are the nights of meeting up with my girlfriends to work on our books. I'd really rather not even talk about all the dust that has gathered on my scrapbooking supplies ...

It would seem that blogging has somewhat taken over the scrapbooks, but that is completely unintentional. Over a year ago we bought a new camera and my pictures are much better than they used to be so you would think that would give me encouragement to get back to my hobby. No such luck. I bought boxes to sort my papers and pictures and that project only got about half way completed. I think I just miss my girlfriends :-)

All this brings me to my picture conundrum. Like I mentioned earlier, Ryan seems to have lots of pictures, especially up to age 7. Emma has quite a few herself. But while trying to get things organized for our 6 month adoption update I realized that Rebecca has very few of just her. There are quite a few of her and Emma ... just not many of her by herself. It took a few times of trying to get shots of them playing for me to realized why. The child doesn't like to have her picture taken. At first I thought it was just coincidence but then I realized that she would either turn or move away from me just about every time I would get a shot. She seems to do fine if Emma or Ryan are in the shot, well - at least she does better but trying to get one of just her is terribly difficult.

I tried all kinds of antics ... tried getting her to peak out from a tree for me. That one didn't work, I didn't realize she was still enjoying her afternoon snack.



This one not so good either, the focus just isn't quite there.

Finally a cute, unposed smile ... but now Ryan is in the frame.


The whole time I'm trying to get a shot of Bex, Emma is posing w/ her little hand on her hip or trying to get my attention to take a picture of her. Or Ryan was. Poor Bex.

I liked this one, but her little nose needs to be wiped. sigh.

Finally, this one should be good in her adoption update!

5 comments:

Jet said...

Beautiful photo!

Jet

fleur de lis cottage said...

I think they're all great. If we can find the time, I'd sit down and scrapbook with you :)

Leslie said...

I think you got some beautiful pictures of Rebecca. Is that your new lens? It takes great pictures!!!
Well, try together on Sat to catch some of Rebecca at Adalyn's party.

Marla said...

You cant go wrong with any of them. They all show her cute little personality.

sierrasmom said...

They all look good to me. I take tons of pictures and only a few are useable!!!
Kathie