Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day


Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

We have a fun little tradition in our house where we place the valentines for the kiddos at their seats at the breakfast table so they can see them when the first come downstairs. This year was the same, and this time I had an extra special little gift for the girls to go with their chocolate. I haven't taken a picture of them yet, but I had adorable little silver charm necklaces made for them! They both are always admiring mine so I got them their own. They were both so happy and wore them proudly to church. Grandma sent them all $2 bills along with some other spending money too.

The Valentine thing started when I was little, every year our dad would buy a nice big box of chocolates for mom and then buy little boxes for us girls. I have such fond memories of that I think mainly because he just wasn't a shopper but yet it was the one time of year he would. It seems like it took several years of being married before Brian realized that I had much warm and fuzzier feelings over a little box of chocolate than I did a big bouquet of flowers.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Looks liek you guys had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I love the tradition of setting the Valentine's on their spot at the table.