Monday, June 18, 2007

"Wave-ah up dare"

Our little dumpling Emma has issues getting into things that she shouldn’t. It’s hard for her to by-pass anything with buttons and she’s never met a bottle she doesn’t want to open. Lotions, sunscreen bottles and such are especially appealing to her. Over the weekend she had gotten into a bottle of sunscreen and had spilled some on the carpet. I found her with paper towel in hand attempting to clean up her mess. Once again I talked to her about leaving those things alone and asked for the umpteenth time if she understood what I was telling her. I finished cleaning up the mess and then went about my business folding laundry. A few minutes later, here comes Emma with the sunscreen bottle in hand and pointing up to where we keep cleaning supplies saying “put it wave-ah up dare so I can’t get it”, translating “Put it WAY UP there so I can’t get it”. Now why didn’t I think of that?

1 comment:

Shayla's Mom said...

Too cute!

Lisa
LID 11/21/05