Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Eve of Christmas Eve










Hi, remember me ... I know, it's been a while. But work has been just terribly busy with end of year stuff besides the fact that I'm about to be off for 6 weeks. It's been a little tough this year trying to get all of the Christmas things done because of not being able to take time off from work. So, please - if you typically get a Christmas card from me, well ... I haven't quite had time to do that.

I can't help but feel that my family has been a little on the neglected side lately. Thank goodness they are understanding and thank goodness I have the sweetest, kindest and most helpful husband that ever could have existed. We had planned to take off the week together but I really wasn't sure until late last week if I was going to be able to take off or not. Then his job has been pretty crazy too and so he had to cancel his vacation. We were going to get a lot done this weekned but Ryan got sick and there went the weekend. So, in between working some and caring for my dry-heaving honey-bunny, I made a list of those things that just had to be done on Monday. I started early yesterday & got most of them done. I even finally got the presents wrapped! At the rate I was going, I was pretty much just going to have to hand everyone their gifts without any pretty paper.

Which brings me to today ... I decided that today was for Ryan and Emma so we headed out this a.m. and went to the Speed Art Museum and spent several hours playing in their awesome Art Sparks area, an interactive and hands on play area for children. The kids had an awesome time and I was able to relax and just enjoy them having fun. Seems like it's been ages since I've been able to do that.
Emma had the best time painting and painting some more and Ryan spent a lot of time in the building area. It was another one of those days when they just couldn't possibly have acted any better or gotten along any better. Not sure when it's going to sink in that how they get along is probably directly proportional to how much stress I'm feeling. After our art time, we had yummy burgers at Dizzy Whiz - I swear they have the best burgers in the 'Ville.

We topped off our evening making treats for our neighbors. Emma had chocolate from head to toe but she loved every minute of it ... and I loved every minute of having them in the kitchen with me!

1 comment:

Marla said...

Glad you found some time to relax with the kiddos. We wish your family a very Merry Christmas.