Monday, March 15, 2010

For Today



Outside my window: It's dark, but most certainly warmer than it has been lately. Spring has just got to be here soon.

I Am Thinking: About my family in Oklahoma and wishing there was some way I could get back to visit. But, with my new job I will not be able to take any time off until I've been there six months. As much as we love Kentucky, it's really tough sometimes being so far away from family. Back when I was searching for a job I tried to find something in the Norman or OKC area as well as a few things in the Ft Worth area. But, I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

I Am Thankful For: My husband and my kiddos. And my mama. I sure miss her.

From The Kitchen: I made homemade salsa & guacamole last night and took to my coworkers today. They sure are a good group to work with. Tonight I made a breakfast casserole for a luncheon we're having at work tomorrow.

I Am Wearing: black sweats, gray t-shirt. Uber boring, that's me.

On the 'Go Organize' Front: I'm a little discouraged on our lack of getting anything done on the rooms. Hopefully though we can get some things accomplished when it warms up.

I Am Going: To bed soon, I'm tired!

I Am Reading: Just finished a book "If You Lived Here". Great book! Not sure what to start next, I have a huge stack of books to read on my bedside table.

I Am Hoping: The rooms get finished, soon.

I Am Praying For: Little Rebecca, she's such a sweet little soul. For a variety of reasons we are considering holding her back a year. One minute I think it's best since she has a late birthday, it would give her more time to mature, give her extra time to catch up with her peers, etc. But on the other hand, she SO wants to ride the bus to school with Emma and she loves all her little friends. Doing what you think is right is not always easy.

I Am Hearing: The dishwasher. It's impossible for me to cook, even something as easy as a casserole, and not dirty up a bazillion dishes.

Around The House: Taxes done. Ryan has braces now. A freshly vacummed den floor, I won't even go into the details of the MESS the girls made while I was cooking tonight. You would think I would check in on them when they are playing so well together.

One Of My Favorite Things: Hearing the girls playing and chatting with each other, even if they do make a mess when they play together!

A Few Plans For The Rest of The Week: A busy week ahead. A seminar on learning tomorrow night. Church for Brian & Ryan on Wednesday. Gymnastics for the girls on Thursday. Dinner at a fundraise for youth camp on Friday night. "Find it here" packet deliveries on Saturday.

Oh, and on a Praise the Lord note! Ryan's x-rays showed that his spine is fine! Gotta love those answered prayers!!!

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: