Monday, May 24, 2010

For Today


Outside my window: It's still light outside and pretty warm, seems like we went from winter to summer. Somewhere along the way I lost spring!

I Am Thinking: About "re" words. Restore. Repair. Rehabilitate. When you think of restoring, or restoration, you think of bringing something back to a good or better condition. Pretty much the same with rehabilitation. But what if something wasn't really in that good of shape to begin with, is restoration worth it? Or do you just toss it aside because it was never of value to begin with? And I'm not talking of "things" either, I mean this in the sense of relationships. For the heck of it, I looked up the word relationship and found "Relationships - the connection between two or more people or groups and their involvement with one another, especially as regards the way they behave toward and feel about one another". So, if it was in a "good" state then restoration would be a good thing. But what if it's never been good or healthy or kind ... really, what's the point of restoring?

I Am Thankful For: For the wonderful friendship and relationships I do have that do not need restoring, or if they did - they would be worth it because at some point they were good.

From The Kitchen: Seems like I've been on a salsa making spree lately. I'm not kidding, the 'restaurant style salsa' on the Pioneer woman's website is delish.

I Am Wearing: blue shorts, gray t-shirt.

On the 'Go Organize' Front: Progress, progress, progress!!!! We're starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel. Brian took a week off a while back and knocked out a lot of what was still left to do. I took off one day last week and finished getting all the trim work cleaned up from the slopping of paint of the previous owner. Those peeps were terribly messy painters. Brian restained the woodwork & has finished all the painting upstairs! A very dear friend came and painted the areas of the stairwell that Brian couldn't reach. The girl's new room is painted in a beautiful sky blue that was in their old room. Rebecca is out of her toddler bed and now is the proud owner of a twin size bed. Ryan picked a really nice dark orange for his room and Brian painted two walls in that color and then two walls in a cream. New furniture has been ordered for him and hopefully will be in before too long. The remaining two rooms and the hallway/stairwell are having new carpet installed this week. Then it will be cleanup time! We have a lot of stuff piled up in the guest room that needs to be gone through so I can get it ready for my brother and sister-in-law's visit. We are looking so forward to their visit! I pretty much have it planned out as to where all we want to take them. Fun, fun, fun - cant' wait!

I Am Going: To bed soon, the girls had a t-ball game tonight & they are worn out.

I Am Reading: "Raising Self Reliant Children in a Self Indulgent World" and it has been an eye opener. Several things have convicted me in my parenting style and I'm only in the second chapter so far. Truly believe it's going to be well worth the time of reading it!

I Am Hoping: Brian heals up soon! He's having surgery on Wednesday for a troublesome problem he's been having and he's more than ready to be back on the well wagon.

I Am Praying For: My sweet hubby, so thankful for him.

I Am Hearing: The tv, and two little girls coming up and down the stairs when they are supposed to be in bed. Brian thinks it's due to daylight savings time ... I think it's due to two little dumplings being stinkers. But that's just my mommy expert opinion.

Around The House: House semi-picked up, more than ready to get the upstairs finished then we're going to take a break for a while on this whole remodeling thing.

One Of My Favorite Things: Friendships! We had a potluck dinner with several other families the other night and spent the evening visiting and catching up with one another while the kiddos ran and played. They have some land somewhat out in the country and the girls have the best time out there. Such easy going and fun people to hang out with. Yet another thing to be thankful for.

A Few Plans For The Rest of The Week: T-ball game for the girls tonight, Rebecca's first! Ryan and one of his friends are playing a saxophone duet tomorrow night at a school band concert. Surgery for Brian on Wednesday. A make-up game for Ryan on Wednesday night. Still not sure how I'm going to be chief-nurse and taxi driver at the same time. Gymnastics on Thursday, their last night for the spring session. I'm leaning toward taking a break for the summer and then signing back up in the fall. Emma has been going there since she was two and really enjoys it but Rebecca struggles a little with listening to her teacher and she gets frustrated - the teacher gets frustrated. So, I think a break will be a good thing. Somewhere in all of that we need to get Ryan in for an allergy shot. Birthday party on Saturday. Possibly a cookout & swimming over the weekend - but that's still up in the air.

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Sounds like you have a busy week ahead. Hope you husband is feeling better soon.