Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Lost River Cave

While my mom and David were here this past weekend, we drove down into southern Kentucky for a little outing. We ended up going to Lost River Cave that you toured on a small boat. We also checked out Mammoth Cave National Park while we were in the area.

The highlight of the day ended up being at a little family fun park in Cave City but for some reason I did not get any pictures from that outing! Ryan & I rode up a ski lift to the top of the hill and then rode a bobsled kind of thing part way down. It was a lot of fun! I had assumed Emma would be afraid of the ski lift but mom ended up taking her up too because Emma kept insisting she wanted to ride too. It's a long story, but they stopped half way up the mountain because Ryan & I had just finished our ride down. Somehow in the mixup, Emma ended up on a ski lift chair by herself and mom got knocked over from the moving chair. I wasn't sure who to check on first! All I could see was my baby girl going up that high mountain, in a chair all by herself and not belted in. Panic isn't a good enough word to describe that feeling. The worker was able to run up and get her while I helped mom up. I think we scared the bejabbers out of that poor kid. Mom, Brian & Ryan rode the bumper cars too and Emma fussed because she wanted to ride too. No amount of telling her that she wasn't big enough would convince her. She told me in no uncertain terms "I 3. I big enough". She's only 35" tall though and the sign said you had to be 52" ... sorry Emma.

Anyway, it was a nice weekend and we really enjoyed Mom & David coming out. There are times that it hits me how far away she really lives.

No comments: