Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Play Ball!

Ryan's first baseball game of the season was last night. We've had two previously scheduled games but both were rained out. It was a perfect night for the ballpark. Cool air, beautiful sky, the trees are all green ... life just doesn't get any better than that! Well, I guess it can get somewhat better, they started off their season w/ a good game as well. Not sure what the final score was but they were ahead by quite a bit when I left. It was getting late, much too late to have Miz M out on a weeknight.

Watching Ryan's first game of the year gave reason for me to recall him as a little 2 1/2 year old, still in diapers and watching a t-ball game at a small park in Frisco, TX. He was as still as could be and was watching the game intently. He tells me in his little gravly voice "mommy, i want to play". I gently tell him (since I'm trying desperately to potty train him) that they do not let little boys that still wear diapers play ball. Without missing a beat he tells me "Mommy, take my diaper off". One of those moments I'll remember forever. The thing that tickles me now about that story is that his desire to "play ball" hasn't diminished in the last 7 years.

No comments: