Saturday, May 19, 2007

What a way to start the day

Ryan made the sweetest card for me for Mother's Day. Inside, it had a flower pot type that was filled with flowers he had painted with water colors. Each flower had a coupon for something he would do for me. Some of the "gifts" were: a 10 minute back rub, take out the trash and clean his room. I had to laugh about the cleaning his room one ... that's not exactly a gift, but his heart was in the right place. My favorites were one where he said I could have the remote for a night. Yeah, uh huh ... sure. Not sure his dad signed up for that one. Then the best of all was one where he said he would watch Emma and let me take a nap! We discussed whether that meant an afternoon nap or if it meant he would get up with her on a Saturday a.m. and let me sleep in and he said it was my choice - I chose the latter.

Sure enough, this a.m. when Emma woke up and did he "maaaaammmmmaaaa" thing, Ryan was right there. He took her downstairs and fixed her breakfast and helped her brush her teeth and played with her for a while. I couldn't sleep with them awake but I did lay in bed & = just listened to them. God's greatest blessings are definately our children!

Then, to top it off they met me at the bedroom door after my shower and had my breakfast on a platter. The fine meal was a bowl of cheerios, and by far the best bowl of cheerios I've ever had in my life. Ryan was carrying the platter with the bowl of cheerios and Emma was telling me how she was helping because she was carrying my "poon" (spoon).

Nothing like celebrating Mother's Day for weeks on end :-)

1 comment:

Polar Bear said...

Every day should be Mother's Day! What sweet little ones you have.