Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ryan's Birthday Day Out



I got sidetracked yesterday before I finished the post ... but anyway, as I was saying - every year I celebrate Ryan's birthday with a special day out & let him decide the agenda for the day. Within reason of course.

This year we started out our day with a snack at Panera Bread (he is SO my child), off to a sports store to buy a Carson Palmer jersey, an hour or so at Border's (I've never met a child that loves a book store as much as he does), lunch at Penn Station, a trip to Bed, Bath & Beyond to buy a cap organizer for his room and then off to see the new Veggie Tales movie. I was worn out at the end of the day!

The only downside to the day was that Emma was scared during the movie and asked every other minute when it was going to be over. There is definitely a down side to not parking your child in front of a tv! We had tried to watch "Finding Nemo" not too long ago and it scared her so much that she was crying the most pitiful of cries. Bless her little bones.

No comments: