Sunday, April 26, 2009

Birthday Bash


We celebrated Emma's 5th birthday over the weekend and then will do something with just the family on Tuesday night. For some reason or the other, this year I just did not have my act together for the party. Typically I would have had everything organized down to the nth detail and everything planned to go along w/ the theme. The prime example is last year's party that was at this little play place where the children "cooked". The cooking really was just dipping marshmallows into melted chocolate and then dipping in sprinkles - but they were yummy. The take home favors were child sized aprons that had been personalized for each pint sized guest. You get the picture - I love themes. That is until this year :-)

This year I was looking for something a little more low-key, something where the kids could play and the parents could visit and it was going to be oh so relaxing .... So, we had it up at the local small park that has a playground and a brand new shelter. Lots of room for the kids to run and play and be kids and a place for the adults to sit around and visit. Great in theory, not so great in execution! On a good note it did seem like the kiddos had a great time and really, that is what is most important. And I think the parents had a good time too. All I can say though is thank you Jesus for helpful parents because I was not doing a good job getting things out and going and it didn't seem like I was able to visit w/ any of the moms. It seemed like every mother there was helping me out in one way or the other. THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU!
It was a beautiful sun shiny day, a little on the hot side and a little on the windy side but none of that mattered either as I watched our sweet little Emma playing with her friends and opening her presents. She had a blast and was so thankful for all of her goodies!
I'll post more pictures tomorrow, it's bedtime for bonzo :-)

9 comments:

fleur de lis cottage said...

I'm so sorry we couldn't make it yesterday. You're way to hard on yourself, I'm sure it was a fabulous party. Emma looks happy as can be in that cute photo...that tells me your party was a success!!

Elaine said...

I haven't checked blogs in over a month (thanks to a crashed computer and lost "saved" blog addresses). Tonight I got to catch up on your blog. I loved reading through your last month's posts. Emma is BEAUTIFUL!! Happy Birthday Emma!

Jet said...

Happy birthday Emma!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Pretty Girl... The best parties are the ones where kids can run and play and be free, instead of too structured. I bet the kids would say great party. Her smile sure says that.. Linda

Lori Lynn said...

Happy birthday Emma! Our Sweet Peas are now 5 years old! Next stop, Kindergarten.

Chloe chose Disneyland, so we got to skip her party this year.

Lori W

Virginia said...

Happy Birthday Emma!=)

sierrasmom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA!! 5 yeyars old, thats a big deal!!!! We all wish you the best birthday ever. Carolin, I wish we all lived so much closer to each other!!!!!
Kathie

quilt'n-mama said...

Happy Birthday Emma!
Hope you had a wonderful birthday, your party looks like it was a lot of fun!
Blessings,
Gayly

Marla said...

We had a great time at Miss Emma's party! Our girls are getting so big.