Sunday, April 25, 2010

For Today



Outside my window: It's dark and rainy, the day started out beautiful but was already clouding up by the time church was out.

I Am Thinking: Of my little Emma bug who will be turning 6 this week. It just doesn't seem possible that our fuzzy headed little dumpling is now in kindergarten, turning 6 and rolls her eyes like she's 16.

I Am Thankful For: For our wonderful friends who will be celebrating her big day with her. And for those friends who can't make it, but meet up with us for dinner to celebrate early! We've been blessed with such wonderful friendships!

From The Kitchen: Hmmm. I don't think I cooked anything this past week. But, I will be making some things for Emma's party.

I Am Wearing: black sweats, gray t-shirt.

On the 'Go Organize' Front: What's that?

I Am Going: Back to work in less that 12 hours. Why is it weekends pass by so quickly?

I Am Reading: Catching back up on magazines. It's funny, I'll be in book mode for a while, then magazine mode for a while.

I Am Hoping: The weather holds out for a cookout on Wednesday to celebrate Miz Divine's birthday. The party was originally scheduled for this past weekend but we had to cancel due to inclement weather.

I Am Praying For: My walk gets back to where it used to be. My logic tells me that when I feel separated from the love of Christ, that I'm the one who is not present ... but sometimes I have those momements where I feel as though He has left me. Needless to say, I need get back to where I was.

I Am Hearing: It's pretty quiet, 2 out of 3 kids in bed, one on the way. Brian & I will be following shortly. We're both worn out!

Around The House: House semi-picked up, at least the kitchen is clean. Laundry to put away. New toys brought in from the AWANA store tonight. Sometimes it seems like "stuff" comes in faster than we can haul other things out.

One Of My Favorite Things: Watching my kiddos interact with people at church. This a.m. I had stopped to visit with some people on our way in and then lost track of the girls. I asked Ryan where they were and he said "keep looking, they'll be easy to spot. Someone will be holding them!". How true that was, found them in the arms of a couple we adore! It makes me so happy knowing the girls are not just 'accepted' in our church, but loved and cherished.

A Few Plans For The Rest of The Week: Baseball game on Monday. A sock horse to make for the "Kid-Tucky Derby" event at Emma's school that is due on Wednesday (we need to get busy!). Emma's party Wednesday evening. Gymnastics on Thursday. Friday - crash.

Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Sounds like you have a busy week ahead. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Oh yes! Our little Sweet Peas can certainly have the attitude! I like to say that Caroline is 6 going on 14. Bossy, eye-rolling, saucy, etc.

And your earlier post? Yes, Caroline is my monkey-girl. LOVES climbing trees, playhouse roofs, our house roof (only with daddy), playground equipment, etc. Sheesh!