Sunday, July 17, 2011

For Today



Haven't done this little exercise in a while ... but found out after my little whinefest on comments that some people do enjoy this.

Outside my window: It's dark and muggy and hot ... and it rained a little. Of course it rained, I washed the van.

I Am Thinking: About V.A.C.A.T.I.O.N. Getting close! We're heading to Gulf Shores, Alabama this summer. It's been a few years since we've been to the gulf and we're all looking forward to it. Last year we went to the Atlantic side and the water was just way too rough for the girls. I'm thinking the gulf will be just what they need.

I Am Thankful For: Summertime and all the fun we've had so far this summer. The kids have enjoyed their break and we've enjoyed a whole lot of sunshine.

From The Kitchen: What's that?

I Am Wearing: Blue shorts, white t-shirt. I'm such a rebel.

On the 'Go Organize' Front: We finally worked on the toy room/play room! It's not decorated really but Brian cleaned it out and painted it a few months ago and I finally got around to sorting out toys and taking some old things to Goodwill and throwing out a whole lot of mismatch things ... still more to do but it is looking better.

I Am Going: To bed soon, it's been a busy weekend.

I Am Reading: "The Good Women of China - Hidden Voices" ... wow. Can't hardly put it down.

I Am Hoping: That the humidity lets up a tad - dang it's been hot here.

I Am Praying For: Several things. Well, many things. A dear friend whose husband is undergoing chemo. What a blessing their family is though, definately a lesson in faith, grace and humor from them. Also praying for some friends of ours whose daughter from China is having heart problems and it looks like she may have to undergo surgery much sooner than they thought she would. Lots of things on my prayer list these days.

I Am Hearing: "American's Got Talent" on the televsion and can overhear whatever it is Brian is listening to on his laptop even though he has on headphones. Now if that was Ryan I'd be telling him to turn it down!

Around The House: Somewhat cleaned up but several projects lined up that need my time and attention. Laundry clean and put away. School supplies purchased and in totes just waiting on school to start. A box of pictures that needs to be mailed to my stepson. and Shoes ... shoes are everywhere. What is it with my kids that they can't put their shoes away?

One Of My Favorite Things: Watching the kids play on the playground. We went to a picnic today w/ other families with children from China and the girls just played and played. What a joyous site!

A Few Plans For The Rest of The Week: Ryan starts cross country running tomorrow. Rebecca has t-ball practice. Gymnastics for Emma on Tuesday. T-Ball game for Rebecca on Thursday ... just go - go - go.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: