Thursday, November 29, 2007

Memory Lane

Our Thanksgiving break included spending a few days in Texas with some old friends and some time visiting some of our favorite places. We even drove past the old house where we lived when we were first married. For 6 years I have craved a certain dish from my favorite Mexican restaurant in Ft Worth. You can only imagine my disappointment when I found that they no longer serve it. On a good note though, they still serve warm, hand made flour tortillas! We also went by my favorite bakery so Ryan could have a "Texas Best Cinnamon Roll" ... they had cinnamon rolls, but no longer had the big ones they used to serve. After we had driven by our old house, we stopped in the park behind it and let the kids play for a long time and I couldn't help but think about all the times I pushed Ryan around that park in his stroller and then watching him ride his little tricycle around it when he was 2 or so.

What we did find good though is that our old friends are still the same and we enjoyed every minute we had visiting with them. We spent one evening with friends who are also Ryan's god-parents. On another evening we had dinner with the pastor who married us, his wife and some friends from our old church. What an enjoyable evening! Seeing people like that and just picking right back up where you left off is just wonderful! It sure made me miss our time back in Texas.

On our way up to Oklahoma we stopped in Denton and went by the little chapel where were married over 12 years ago. We couldn't find a parking place but I took the kids on a short little tour of it while Brian drove around. What a happy day remembering some of the milestones in our life.

Here are some pictures of the little chapel where we were married. It is located on the campus of the Texas Women's University and it was chosen mainly because of it being centrally located between us and our family in Oklahoma. But, it is a beautiful stone building with fabulous stained glass windows. I still remember Janet playing the piano before the ceremony started and singing the song that has "Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place. I can feel His mighty power and His Grace. I can feel the touch of angel's wings - I see glory on each face. Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place". Now that I'm tearing up ... it's time to post the pix.

No comments: