Saturday, March 29, 2008

Bad Day In The Neighborhood

I'm not sure what went wrong while the kids were outside playing today, but I do know that Emma came in snotting and bawling about her bike and telling me that her Papa had taken off the-snot,cry,cry-training wheels-sob, gasp and the peddles. I knew she had been asking for her training wheels to be taken off but I just couldn't believe the peddles were off too so off to the garage went I. Sure enough, no training wheels and no peddles! Brian said that Emma had insisted the training wheels be removed and so he had taken the peddles off too so she could learn to balance on it. After a few trips down the driveway I guess she had enough and wanted her training wheels back.

Anyway, back to the house we came with Emma crying her poor little head off and insisting she wanted her peddles and training wheels back. We sat down so I could rock her and get her settled down and she starts telling me everything she wanted with tears and snot filling the time between requests. She wanted to read a book, she wanted pretzels, she wanted chocolate, she wanted cranberry juice - on and on it went. I told her we weren't getting anything until she got a hold of herself and quit crying. She was laying up against me and looking at me with the saddest eyes I've ever seen and she shuddered a little bit and added "I, I want Santa Clause". Oh man, I'm still laughing about that.

No comments: