Monday, March 3, 2008

Irresistible Force Meets Immovable Object

I'm more than a few days late posting on this ... but Ryan & I spent a very enjoyable evening in big ol' Simpsonville last week. We were there to watch and cheer on both our church and school in none other than "Donkey Basketball". Now for those of you (who like my husband) have never heard of this, you have no idea how much fun you are missing. Basically, teams play basketball while riding a donkey. Some donkeys are nice, compliant donkeys and then some donkeys are not quite so easy to get along with. My camera battery died before the fun stuff started, but I was able to catch a few little videos with my cell phone. For the BEST picture ever, skip on over to

http://http://-noandk-no.blogspot.com/

This young man is our new children's pastor at church and has to be the best sport I've ever met in my life. Ryan got the biggest kick out of watching Jared. I'll have to admit, I had a lot of fun watching too! Jared and his lovely wife Katie are the perfect addition to our church and we are so pleased and blessed to have them here.
Not to digress, but Jared reminds me of "home". Maybe it's the FFA boyish about it, I'm not sure - but he makes me think of Oklahoma.

Back to donkey basketball, the highlight of the evening was that our church team won the championship game! Oh, and if you are wondering about the title - that's the term Brian uses when he refers to Emma & I both being obstinate and neither one of us backing down. Believe me, that quote came to mind as I watched Jared with the obstinate donkey!



(not sure why, but I'm not able to make the video work right now - I'll try again later)

No comments: