Tuesday, July 22, 2008

County Fair


Note how many kernels of corn are left on his vs hers.

They can get along so well at times!


One of those "ahhh" moments as we were riding the Ferris Wheel.

I'm not quite sure why, but our family LOVES going to fairs. County Fairs. Art Fairs. Whatever Mood is in the Air Fair. Now personally I think it has a lot to do with the food, but of course there could be other opinions. It could just be the whole happy atmosphere too.

Anyway, we spent an evening at the local county fair a few weeks ago and had a blast. Emma is getting old enough to really enjoy the rides and Ryan gets a huge kick out of the dunking booth/mouthy guy. Then of course we all share a ride or two together on the Ferris Wheel.

We're all pretty set in our food preferences too. Emma can put away an ear of corn in 3.2 seconds. Ryan ALWAYS heads for the pizza trailer (the brand shall remain nameless as I have a vested interest in NOT buying from that chain). My favorite is a pork chop sandwich. YUM. I'd never had one prior to moving to Kentucky and I'm HOOKED. Brian's favorite is usually more along the lines of some kind of a sausage. The ones with all the cooked onions and peppers. Then to my delight I happened upon a booth that had fried bologna sandwiches! Oh my. I hadn't had one of those since we left Texas. 7 years without a fried bologna sandwich is 7 years too long. Now see why I think we just go for the food? Thankfully the fair comes to town just once a year. But then again - the state fair will be here before we know it!

I have more pictures to share than this, but these were my favorite from the night.

2 comments:

fleur de lis cottage said...

I totally zoomed in on that corn on the cob -- yummy! Fairs are a great way to get some quality family time. Fun memories in the making.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what fun! I love photo of the kids eating the corn, Leah's a corn eatin' machine too.