Monday, June 7, 2010

For Today


Outside my window: The sun has set, the weather is mild ... just wish it could stay like this all summer!

I Am Thinking: About how much I enjoyed my brother and sister-in-law this past weekend. It was a whirlwind of a trip but we had so much fun showing them around town and taking them to a few of our favorite places and even a few that we do not normally go to. Unlike me, my brother married relatively young and so his wife has been like a sister to me for a long time. Sweet, sweet, sweet and lots of fun to boot.

I Am Thankful For: For them coming out to see us, that's such a long drive but oh the joy of spending time with them. Also thankful for a special few minutes I had with my brother while he shared some really kind words with me. I really appreciated it because it was readily apparent that it was from his heart. Our family really isn't the type for deep sentiment but we shared a moment that was and it meant the absolute world to me. It maks me realize that I need to take more time to say kind things to my friend and family - you just never know when someone may really need to hear it.

From The Kitchen: Made fajitas while they were here, not the best I've ever made but the guacamole and salsa were really good. Also made pulled pork to have some in the freezer for quick meals. Making a cake tomorrow night for a coworkers birthday.

I Am Wearing: black shorts, white shirt - no shoes. Love going barefoot!

On the 'Go Organize' Front: WOOOHOOOO!!!! It was a long week last week trying to get everything done upstairs before our company arrived but we did it!!!! The guest room now looks like a real bedroom again! Ryan's room looks great with his orange and cream walls and his new furntiure and bedding. Really need to take a few pictures - just wish I had taken some 'before', but goodness it was so messy up there - not so sure I would have wanted to put them out here for the world to see. We still need to hang pictures and the girls curtains but somehow in all the madness of having something going on every night and trying to get everything done after we got home, we somehow lost Brian's tape measure. I may just go to Lowe's and buy another 'un. We have a few housekeeping things to do with the closets, I had sworn I wasn't going to just shove stuff in - but desperate times call for desperate measures and well, a closet or two may have some things shoved in :-) Not that I'm admitting it.

I Am Going: To bed soon, I am plain ol' worn out from all of our fun and probably a little from the stress from the mess. Think it's time to take a little bit of a breather.

I Am Reading: Still reading "Raising Self Reliant Children in a Self Indulgent World" and think I need to go back and re-read some chapters. I really, really need to change a habit or two ... or ten, twenty.

I Am Hoping: Life settles down a bit, which it looks like it should just a tad for the next week or so.

I Am Praying For: A favorite cousin of mine and her family. My aunt passed away yesterday and she was truly a wonderful lady. Times like this I really miss living close to my family. There's just no way for me to go in for the funeral but my love and prayers are with them all.

I Am Hearing: Total quietness. Well, other than my clicking away on the keyboard. The girls had a t-ball game tonight but I already have them bathed and in bed. Ryan had a late game tonight and he and Brian haven't made it home yet.

Around The House: House is picked up! We had really cleaned before the weekend and then with us being on the run so much it didn't get that messy. And what did get messy, my dear sweet husband picked up before I got home. What a blessing to have such a thoughtful and helpful spouse. I count my blessings every day that we found each other.

One Of My Favorite Things: Laughter. We laughed so much this past weekend that we got teary eyed a few times. We started telling stories about our childhood and with me being the youngest, well - I think they must have had a lot of fun at my expense. But we laughed and laughed. And then my driving, that's enough to make anyone laugh over. I'm fine when I'm by myself but when I have others with me and I get to talking and can't remember where I'm going - it just got a little comical. Of course the antics of the girls caused quite a bit of laughing too - they put on the show!

A Few Plans For The Rest of The Week: As I mentioned above, the girls had a T-ball game tonight and Ryan had a baseball game. Ryan leaves for 4H camp tomorrow. The schedule is actually open for Tuesday & Wednsday - WOOHOOO!!! Another t-ball game on Thursday. Ryan comes home Friday only to turn around and leave on Saturday for space camp in Huntsville, AL. Then a birthday party for a dear friend's daughter on Sunday. Whew! Can't wait for vacation to get here so we can relax!

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: