Monday, June 14, 2010

For Today


Outside my window: It's stinkin' hot in the 'Ville, not just hot - but humid too.

I Am Thinking: About Ryan & hoping he is having a good time at Space Camp. I so admire the little guy that he can get on a plane all by himself and go spend a week somewhere without knowing a soul. Maybe I'm just being a proud mama, but I think he will do well in life.

I Am Thankful For: A saviour who gave His life for ours. I so don't deserve it.

From The Kitchen: Not much, busy schedules have pretty much kept me out of the kitchen unless I'm making a sandwich or getting a snack.

I Am Wearing: tan, white t-shirt.

On the 'Go Organize' Front: Somewhat on hold again, only because we needed a break. Need to clean out the closets that had things shoved into them. Still need to hang the girls curtains and their pictures. I noticed this morning that our bedroom door doesn't have a handle yet. So really, just a few little things to do to finish up the upstairs.

I Am Going: To bed soon, I just now realized - this part doesn't change much from week to week!

I Am Reading: Family Fun and a few other magazines that I needed to catch up on.

I Am Hoping: That we have some time to just do some fun things like swimming or going to the park this summer. Seems like when we do have the kids at the park that it's always during a ball game.

I Am Praying For: Several different friends who are contemplating adopting again, and for another friend who just accepted a referral for a little girl who has had open heart surgery. Adoption is so special to us and sometimes it makes me sad when I realize that we will not be able to go back again.

I Am Hearing: The dishwasher running, a few giggles from the girls who are supposed to b in bed.

Around The House: House is pretty much picked up! We've been trying to do better about keeping it picked up lately.

One Of My Favorite Things: Emma's dimpled smile. I was looking back through some pictures the other day and noticed that she's almost always smiling, even in those moments you wouldn't expect her to. Like running to a base in t-ball and even when going down the slide at the pool. She pretty much always has a smile on her face. She has such a way with people and I just love watching her interact with others. She makes my heart smile!

A Few Plans For The Rest of The Week: Ryan is at camp this week and will be coming home on Friday. It looks like we may be able to sneak a date night in on Wednesday. The girls had a ballgame tonight and then have another one on Thursday. The local fair is opening up at the end of the week and that's something we just do not miss. Not sure if we will go this week or next though.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: