Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ohio - #9

We traveled to Ohio this past weekend to visit the state capitol in Columbus. This makes Ryan's 9th one to visit. 41 to go. Not that I'm counting.

We didn't get in until late last night so I haven't had an opportunity to upload the photos yet. Then my confounded battery ran out late yesterday & I missed pictures from the coolest place.

Anyway, it was a fun filled weekend & the kiddos were excellent little travelers.

The highlights from our trip:

  • Dinner in Rising Sun, IN w/ two couples from our travel group
  • State Capitol
  • German Village
  • Franklin Conservatory
  • Hotel - budget style, now that's a story!
  • Church - Ghana style
  • Zoombezi Bay
  • Topiary Garden (Georges Seurat's Famous post impressionist painting, A Sunday On The Island Of La Grande Jatte, is created in topiary.). Of course, this is when the battery for my camera had had enough.
  • Ikea!

1 comment:

fleur de lis cottage said...

Sounds like a great trip. I like all the place you went to. I think the Topiary garden sounds especially cool.