Monday, August 10, 2009

Sleeping Bear Dunes







Ok, I'm almost finished with Michigan posts, but it was too much fun to not share. We visited an area called Sleeping Bear Dunes that is somewhat close to Traverse City. The main attraction for the short people was climbing the dunes ... and boy did they. Not sure if the pictures captured it as well but it was a darn long way up those dunes. I think I read that it's something like 150 feet from the top of the first plateau down to the parking lot and then 300 feet from the second. We didn't even know there was a second plateau until we hit the first. My legs were killing me but yet Ryan and Emma were running up and down like it wasn't that big of a deal. Multiple trips up and down for them equaled a great place to run off some energy and really good naps on the way back to Traverse City. Wish we had dunes like ths in the 'Ville!

1 comment:

sierrasmom said...

These pictures are breathtaking. Thanks for sharing!!!!!
Kathie