Thursday, August 13, 2009

Starting School and Back To School



Our little dumpling Emma started kindergarten today. In so many ways I think she should still be the little fuzzy headed baby girl that she was back in 2005 and now here she is with the fuzz replaced by a head of long hair that she likes to toss around and act prissy with. She was really excited about starting school, catching up with her old friends and also being able to meet new friends. I just love her little outlook on life. We attended her open house the other night where she met her sweet teacher and took place in a scavenger hunt. All that to say, she had no qualms whatsoever about starting school. No crying at the door for miss spunky. Believe it or not, I even made it without crying too!

I had asked the kiddos what they wanted for breakfast for the first day of school and they both pretty much answered in unison that they wanted pancakes and bacon. Silly me, I thought they would probably ask for some kind of cereal that we wouldn't typically buy, or maybe even donuts but nope, pancakes was the request so pancakes it was. Yum.

Then there's Ryan who started middle school today. I was somehow able to convince him to let me drop him off too although he protested much. It took an argument of me wanting him to be with me to drop Emma off that sealed the deal. He's getting just way too cool to be seen with mom! I was able to luck out and get a picture of him this a.m. though since we were way early and no one was around to witness it such a seemingly uncool moment.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Looks like a litle sweet and ready to go Kindergarten.
I just can't believe her and Marlee are in Kindergarten. I just can't get over it...lol.

Lori Lynn said...

Congratulations to Emma on your first day of Kindergarten! My Chloe doesn't start for another 11 days.

Courtney said...

That is great that she was so excited about kindergarten. I always feel bad for the kindergarten teachers on the first few days of school because they always have at least one crying.

Becky said...

I hope she had a great first day! Congrats to you for not crying too. LOL

Marla said...

Our kids are growing up. Happy first day of school.

Unknown said...

Awww. Caroline starts school in 13 days.

Remember the days when we were awaiting their referrals and were devastated that they split July?? How very blessed we were and now are.

So, will we still have blogs for their weddings? :)

Lindy said...

Ryan looks for handsome in his blue shirt. And how nice that Emma was so ready to attend kindergarten.