Sunday, June 14, 2009

5th Grade Awards Ceremony

The elementary awards ceremony was held on the last day of Ryan's school. I'm ashamed to admit that this was the first one I was able to attend the entire time Ryan has been going to school there. I had no idea there were so many parents who attended, and quite frankly it made me feel terrible that I had always put work ahead of things like that. On the other hand though, over the 5 years he was there I was able to attend several of their parties.

Ryan won several awards including Honor Roll and he also received an award for making A's on every progress report as well as every report card. Hopefully he'll keep that up! The one that touched me the most however was when he won the boy's "Citizen of the Year" for his class. He won this award when he was in second grade also but we were in China during that time and he missed the ceremony.

We are so proud of him! Good job Ryan!

Madison & Ryan - I need to find a cute picture I have of them when they were around 6.

1 comment:

fleur de lis cottage said...

Congratulations Ryan! What a special young man and I just heart that last photo!