Friday, June 12, 2009

Class of 2016


To continue with the whole "end of school year" theme, I'll throw this in the mix. Class of 2016. Yes, that's exactly it ... class of 2016. Something I can't quite wrap my mind around but that's what they had spelled out with cupcakes at Ryan's 5th grade graduation.



There were several events to round out the school year for Ryan. We attended his 5th grade celebration (sort of like a graduation) on the 26th. It was a little difficult for me as I sat there and watched him with his buddies that he has had since they were all in preschool together at the ripe old age of 4. When did the toddler chubby leave their little bodies. It's amazing to me, you look at them and they are so different now but yet still the same. I also had to wonder that if I'm getting so emotional over 5th grade graduation, how the heck am I going to handle high school graduation. 2016. It will be here before we know it.





The 2016 theme came up again at Field Day which was held on the next to last day of school. I didn't realize until later but I had not been to any of his field days since he was in kindergarten due to work conflicts, saving vacation days for adoptions and a host of what seemed like valid excuses at the time. Check this out, here's one picture from field day in 2004 when he was a pesky little kindergartener and then one in 09 as a big ol' strapping 5th grader. Goodness.





Their awards ceremony was held on the last day of school but I'll have to share about that later. I need to find the box of kleenex before I head up to bed. My baby boy is growing up ....

No comments: